Based in Copenhagen, Denmark
To be announced...
Above is an aeronautic action-adventure game, set in a world of scattered islands, where flight is freedom at a cost and danger lurks deep beneath the ocean waves.
Join the young pilot, Maryam, as she breaks the aviation ban of her people, in order to reunite with her brother, Elm. Experience, with Maryam, the freedom of flight, uncover the truths behind her people’s myths and rules, and discover, with her, that the world is much bigger than she was told but as dangerous as she was warned.
Above is a love letter to adventure and aviation, being written by Mighty Moth; a small team of passionate people devoted to the craft of game-making. The project started as a passion-project between two friends that evolved into the greater story. In 2017, It received funding from the Danish investor Capnova, which marked the beginning of Mighty Moth and the start of the journey that is Above.
- Acrobatic Aviation - Experience with Maryam the freedom of flight, learn how to master the different aeroplanes, and begin the journey to becoming an ace pilot.
- Intriguing Island-world - Explore the ocean-scattered islands, discover the history of the world, meet and interact with its inhabitants and scavenge for resources to further your journey.
- Unraveling Mysteries - What is the truth and what is a myth? Who can you trust and who has their own agenda? And what secrets are dwelling just below the surface?
- Abominations from Below - Fight and hunt, from your tiny aeroplane, the different gigantic sea monsters that dwell in the world's ocean.
- Crafting and Customization - Build and modify aeroplanes with scavenged resources and recovered blueprints.
Above - Teaser Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Indiearenabooth Rising Star Award, Nominee" GamesCom, 2018
- "Leftfield Collection, Official Selection" EGX Rezzed, 2018
- "Indie MEGABOOTH, Official Selection" PAX East, 2018
- "Indie MEGABOOTH, Official Selection" GDC, 2018
Above's storybook surface hides a wonderfully frightening interior
Christian Donlan eurogamer.net.
Head Out On An Aeronautical Odyssey When Above Swoops Down In 2019
Dom Reseigh-Lincoln nintendolife.com.
Brave a flooded world in your little plane in Above
Fraser Brown pcgamer.com.
Above - Trailer: Über uns Wolken, unter uns Seemonster
About Mighty Moth
Mighty Moth is an independent game studio with a focus on patiently crafted games centered around the sense of adventure, exploration and mystery. We are a small team chasing the thrill and excitement of playing games we felt as kids. And we aim to bring this feeling to the screen with thorough craftsmanship, a butt-load of passion and a healthy dose of nostalgia.
More information on Mighty Moth, our logo & relevant media are available here.
CEO and Game Director
Technical Lead and Game Designer
Astrid Mie Refstrup
Art Direction/2D Concept Artist
Art Direction/3D Artist
Music and audio
Story and dialog